This guide is for helping the first time home buyer with the process of buying their own home.
Everyone’s home-buying process is different, but we’ve organised it into this flow of steps to make sure you get the most out of it.
As with all complex projects, it’s too large to manage with your mind alone. Make sure you make full use of organisational tools such as spreadsheets, word documents and even free project management tools like Trello to keep track of the many moving parts.
We want to help you turn what can be a very stressful process into the exciting experience it should be. Here, we’ve broken buying your first house down into 16 steps.
Jump To A Section
- Planning Your Budget
- Organising Your Finances
- Deciding on a Location
- Scouting the Area
- Choosing a Mortgage Broker
- Finding Your Best Mortgage
- Deciding on a Type of Property
- Choosing a Solicitor or Conveyancer
- Finding and Booking Property Viewings
- Hiring a Surveyor
- Considering Redecorating or Renovation Work
- Making an Offer
- Having Your Offer Accepted
- Taking Care of The Legal Stuff
- Arranging Payment and Negotiating a Completion Date
- Moving in to Your New Home
To gain full access to our FREE comprehensive ‘First Time Home Buyer Guide’ complete the form below.
(Note: Upon submission you will receive a password to access the FULL guide. Enter below.)